What is the 60 Scenes Writing Method?
All good stories have a solid structure. However, understanding exactly how that structure works, and how to apply that structure to your story, can be a challenge.
The 60 Scenes Writing Method is a step-by-step approach to help you painlessly create your story’s structure—and produce a first draft in the process.
“If you can write sixty scenes, you can write a novel.”Christina Ranallo, 60 Scenes founder
How does the plot of a well-written novel or screenplay hold itself together through subplots and multiple characters, yet somehow keep the reader on edge until the very end?
Learning how successful authors use storyboarding and structure will help you keep your story on track. However, that’s just the first step—you also need to understand how to fit your subplots, character development, and motivations into that structure.
The 60 Scenes One Day Workshop does just that: it teaches you a method to break down your ideas into sixty distinct scenes, and then apply those scenes into a tried and true story arc.
Once your scenes and structure are in place, you have the tools to write a first draft of your entire novel or screenplay, from start to finish.
- What You’ll Learn:
- How to structure your plot using a proven, centuries-old formula to keep your audience enthralled until the very end
- How to use our distinctive Of Two Minds method—map out every scene from both the writer’s and the character’s perspectives
- How to articulate what your story is really about
- Where to start your story—it’s not always at the beginning
- How to make a robust storyboard
- How to break the entire writing process into manageable chunks so that you can complete that first draft, quickly and effectively
- Who should attend:
- Writers who have a great idea, but need guidance on how to turn that idea into a long, engaging story
- Writers who are struggling with how to weave subplots, conflict, and characters into their overarching plot
- Writers with busy schedules who can benefit from a structure to keep their writing goals on track
- Writers who have already completed a first draft, but want to improve their story’s flow
- Writers interested in learning a proven formula that can help them turn out one excellent story after another
- Anyone who wants to write a novel or screenplay, but is struggling with how to get started
The 60 Scenes One Day Workshop
January 20th 2018
11:00 am – 5:00 pm
5 Seasons Brewing
5600 Roswell Rd NE
GA 30342 (Private room)
Sign up now to secure your spot. Class sizes limited to 10.
“With the guidance, encouragement and supporting materials, along with the commitment I made to myself by joining, I was able to greatly improve my draft and have it ready for the road to publishing. Starting work on my next book, I fully intend to … (use this method) …again.”
– Gil Shalev
“In the middle of the workshop, I was suddenly hit with a feeling that a door somewhere was being opened.”
– Kevin R.
“When you understand story structure, your jumbled parts and pieces find their natural order.”
– Karen M.
“I have seen that, just occasionally, something I have done has changed the course of my life.”
– Jane R.